Thursday, April 29, 2010

Revised Essential Question

How can a community improve when an illegal dump site (vacant lot) is removed?

I changed vacant lot of illegal dump site because I realized the focus of this project was to see how a community changes with trash-filled lot is removed. Usually vacant lots are filled with trash, but not always. Illegal dump site however are specifically named after the act of illegal dumping, so they therefore will always have trash. I think these are the types of lots that I wanted to focus on from the beginning.

I just found an article called "Litter Bugged" and it was publish just this past February. This has a lot of usable information about dump sites and its the most recent info that I've found.
http://www.pittsburghcitypaper.ws/gyrobase/Content?oid=oid%3A75031

No comments:

Post a Comment